At LEGOLAND California, kids can get their own driver's license, become the captain of their own ship. Kids can play their part and fight fires at LEGO® City Rescue Academy or conquer The Dragon coaster as you return to a time of knights, princesses and castles, or even be part of the action in a pirate-themed water stunt show. Below are some cool facts about LEGOLAND California.
Operating since 1999
Annual Visits: 1,430,000
One LEGOLAND Drive
Carlsbad, CA 92008
(760) 918-LEGO (5364)
10 Cool LEGOLAND California facts
1. There are more than 30,000 LEGO® models at LEGOLAND California created from more than 62 million LEGO bricks.
2. The largest model is Brontosaurus, a giant dinosaur named Bronte created out of more than 2 million LEGO bricks.
3. The smallest model is a tiny rabbit in a magician's hat in Miniland Las Vegas which is made out of a mere four LEGO bricks!
4. In the Louisiana Bayou area of Miniland U.S.A. there is a mini-figure LEGO pirate. That's because years ago the crews on Spanish galleons (armed merchant ships) used to bury their treasure there. It's rumored that treasure may still be buried in that area!
5. The Wardrobe Department at LEGOLAND California has washed more than 1,000,000 viewing glasses – that means more than one-million guests have watched the 4-D Racer Show!
6. The first LEGOLAND was built in Billund, Denmark, in 1968 to meet popular demand to see the kind of models that LEGO designers could build.
7. LEGOLAND California has more than 60 rides, shows and attractions including LEGO® Star Wars™ Miniland Model Display, Pirate Reef and LEGO Legends of Chima Water Park. Coastersaurus, in Dino Island, is considered a "pink knuckle" coaster meaning children won't get white knuckles from riding it, but will get excited enough for them to turn pink!
8. The Freedom Tower is the tallest Miniland building ever built soaring 28-feet into the air. The spire alone is eight feet high and took three days to build.
9. More than 300 gallons of water plummet down on top of eager guests in the interactive water-play area called Soak-N-Sail, located in LEGOLAND California's newest area, Pirate Shores.
10. In 2017 alone, more than 85,000 servings of LEGOLAND California's signature dessert, Granny's Apple Fries, were served to hungry guests.
Distance from LEGOLAND California to...
|Los Angeles||90 miles|
|Newport Beach||50 miles|
|Santa Ana||55 miles|
|San Clemente||23 miles|
|San Diego||35 miles|
|Chula Vista||45 miles|
|Del Mar||17 miles|
|La Jolla||27 miles|
|LEGOLAND California||LEGOLAND Waterpark|
|SeaWorld||San Diego Zoo|
|San-Diego Embarcadero||Birch Aquarium|
|San Diego Attractions||USS Midway|
|Getting Around San Diego||Compass Card|